After re-branding Ezell’s Famous Chicken restaurant, I also want to create a fresh new look for the company that will allow them to stand out amongst all the others chicken restaurants as they continue to expand, something that is wholesome and true to their company values.
Ezell's Drive Thru Process
Environmental Design | 3D Modeling | Animation
3D Modeling | Animation
Illustrator | Rhino | After Effects
About 3 weeks
Most Ezell’s stores are relatively small because none of them have a seating area. Their strategy is to get their customer in and out as fast as possible.
My goal is to amplify that strategy by adding drive-thrus, delivery service, as well as current technology.
I would take spaces away to add drive-thru system.
I would redesign the ground plan to accommodate any congestion through the parking drive-thru area.
As far as way-finding, I am going to add many visible signs so there’s no confusion about what to do when entering the property.
- One way entrance on Jefferson
- One way exit on 23rd
- Two arrows at the entrance but singular arrows guide you out.
- There’s only one door to enter and exit for customers.
- People waiting for food crowd the entrance
- No drive-thru
- 15 parking spots
- Way-finding visibility issues
- Store colors on the fence
- Only a ramp leads you to the door
- Entrance on Jefferson
- Available street parking
- Bus stop on Jefferson to downtown
- Bus stop on 23rd to Rainier Beach/University District